Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Rehearsals



You know, when you need a band, every musician dreams of a band who'll be committed, on time, and exceptionally talented musicians.

I guess my dream came true.


It was early October of last year, and someone asked me to in this battle of the bands as a "Guest Artist". Remember, I used ALL studio musicians on both albums, so all I could think was,

"How the hell am I being a guest artist at a battle of the bands when I don't have a band?!"

So, i did what any musician in my place would do: I begged. I pleaded. I prayed! Well, maybe not, but the 6 people I asked took the positions. Electrics, BGV's, Bass, Acoustic, Perc., and Drums. What luck.

It's interesting from going live with a solo "coffee-shop" feel, to a full-band. When I would play solo, I would fill in where I need to, add whatever I wanted, and the list goes on. Then there is this other world I'm getting used to: the "Band" setting. Where everyone has their own part, and everything has to work together. It's a challenging process for me, but it's a learning experience too.

So, here we are- two weeks out from the show, and seven rehearsals later... here we are, sounding like a band. Creating a show. Fulfilling one of my dreams.

These guys are incredibly talented, and if not to come see me, I recommend seeing these guys at the show. Awesome, awesome job.

No comments:

Post a Comment