Monday, January 25, 2010

Band Intro #1: Larry Handley.



As most of you may know, Larry Handley (besides being a fantastic drummer) is also the meteorologist for Good Morning Tristate, Channel 9 WCPO Cincinnati.

If you're up and on your way in the morning, taking the kids to school, or listening to Warm 98, you've probably heard him. Larry has been working at WCPO since 1999, and now is titled the "Most Experienced Weather-man" in the city.

I'm proud to say I've gotten the chance to talk more than music with Larry. First, he is incredibly talented and insightful when it comes to the world of broadcasting. If you didn't know, I'm enrolled at the University of Cincinnati Conservatory of Music in Electronic Media, with main focus of TV Production, Broadcasting. Interesting enough, Larry also graduated from the E-media program, and started at Channel 9 while in college. He knows the business and what he's doing and, not only that, but he does it well.

Though, he's a role model in many other ways- a loving husband, dad, and great friend. I think what I love about Larry the most, is that he's one of those friends that not only supports you, but challenges you to a higher level or goal. It seems like anytime I need help, whether that's with the band, or college, or something totally random in my life, he can suggest what to do, and/or challenge me to go a completely different route in completing or fixing the problem.

I can say without question he is a great friend, and I consider him family. Thanks Larry, for the impact you have put on my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment