Thursday, January 28, 2010

Band Intro #3: Chadley Gagnon


I'll be honest: I don't know where to even begin with Chadley. This may be an interesting post!

Chad is literally (in my opinion) a prodigy of our time. He is the Mozart of our era. He is a true musician, unlike most people in this world. He has such an incredible unique talent.

What do I mean by "true musician"? As soon as Chad hits the keys, strings, grabs the drum sticks...whatever it may be, he goes into another state of mind. He goes into this world filled to the brim with music- mind, body and soul. I've only been lucky enough to reach that state 4 or 5 times in my entire music career. I guess you can think of it as a hallucination. Music is the incense, and you're breathing it all in. You don't see the world around you, all you hear and feel and control is the music. It truly is a reviving and rejuvenating experience for a musician. Though most don't get the chance to fall into the funk like Chad- it is literally 97% of the time.

I think it's so impressive the way Chad also goes to the beat of his own drum in society- being who he is without being afraid to show it. It's a great characteristic. In ways I'm sorry to say, I envy it. I wish I, as well of all of us, could be as carefree as him. He's not afraid of the future and worrying about college, or money, or afraid of being alone- it's all about his music, his style, making friends, living, laughing, having fun.

He's told me before he wants to jump on a boxcar train and just go around the country and see where he lands up- I may join.

Chad is also an incredibly funny guy- He's sometimes a man of few words, but the few words make the entire night. He is clever and witty. The memories that I've been able to have with Chad are some of the best, especially if I'm not feeling to hot. There will be moments (and if you're friends with Chad you probably do this too) where I'll remember something he said months ago, and I'll crack up out loud in the middle of class (or Starbucks, right now).

Chad plays the bass, keyboards, drums, electric, acoustic, viola, violin, I'm sure there are more... He is also extremely advanced in music theory, his brain is music. His life is music. It's incredible.

Check out Chad's own band at www.myspace.com/themuscovites123
(this is the new name of "The Clams" and "Funmachines", Chad's band)

Thanks Chad, you are a tutor in music, an awesome friend, and love you like a brother as well! Thanks for inspiring me!

No comments:

Post a Comment