Monday, January 25, 2010

Logan Sand Live "New Day!" Release Show!






I don't really know how to explain the emotion I felt after the show, even still, 2 days after.


The show was going to be good on the bands behalf. They were solid and knew the songs, I knew they would do excellent. The rest was up to the volunteer work, and obviously the people (maybe you) who decided to come.

I suppose I could describe the show as the best experience on stage in my entire life, and a dream of mine is now fulfilled.


1. Set-Up: The "Pre-Pre Show".



Four of us (myself, Madison, Tara, and my Dad) came in at 10 o'clock, not knowing what to expect. The theatre was ready for us, and we spend most of the morning re-arranging seats and setting up the merchandise, instruments, sound and lighting.




I was so surprised on how smooth everything went. Literally everything- easy setup with instruments, no sound or lighting difficulties, we even got through a rehearsal of the entire show! Then it was off to VIP to meet people coming into the door.





2. Pre-Show: The Support.




I was absolutely speechless at the support from friends, family, and complete strangers at the show. I just kept thinking about how many people came to see the band, listen to music, buy t-shirts and CDs, what support!

VIP was also a great support (probably because of the free beer in the VIP lounge), and was a lot of fun seeing friends and family. I even had a friend of mine, Doug Furia, dress
up like me. Who would've thought?


3. The Final Moments.






As people filled in and settled down, we prayed and had a beat box circle. What can I say? We're like a family in ways, so we do stupid things. We were all ready to do this show, and were a little more nervous than expected.

We were thinking the show would have around 175-200 people, but...people heard about the show, and wanted to go, giving us more than 120 tickets sold at the door- that's at least 320+ people!

But we were ready- and the band took the stage.


4. The Show.

Well, we had a great show, the band did great, and audience participation was excellent.

The show went really well- flowed nicely. People really seemed to enjoy all the songs, which I am thankful for. Jenn Silver did a great job getting everyone relaxed and really set the mood. The band represented very well. The band was really tight and their talents/abilities were shown. Not to get off the beaten path- but
they're great musicians. Man, I couldn't have asked for a better group of talented people.



















Also, the audience was supportive and enthusiastic-you know, it takes a lot to show talents and hard work on stage, and it's a great thing when people cheer, clap, dance, anything to know we're doing okay. It adds gas to the adrenaline fire. So thanks for all of your support.







THANKS:

I'd like to thank the band for everything they've done- they spent so much time learning and practicing with their crazy schedules!

Thanks to my parents, family, and friends who volunteered at ticketing, merchandise, and preparing the venue.

Thanks as well to CJ Roy and team for shooting video of the show.

Also, I'd like to thank Hunter Frederick, HotShotPR for advertising this event, and managing ShowClix.com, the Facebook event, and the press release for the event.





5. What's next?



Stay tuned for some more shows, events, band meetings, rehearsals, and anything else. Go to www.logansand.com for the most recent updates, and check the blog for in-depth information. Thanks for reading, coming to the show, supporting us, listening to the music, and I hope (as well as the entire band) you enjoyed and still enjoy the music.

For pictures of the Release Show: check http://www.facebook.com/pages/Logan-Sand/23963298951

Thanks everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment