Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Band Intro #2: Danny Watson


Let's recall back to 2008 (can you believe that was 2 years ago?!) It was almost 2 years ago on the date, and I was leading worship over at the Vineyard Community Church Student Union, high school ministries. It was at a Design Team meeting when I was told I'd be working with a new guitarist- little did I know it'd be Danny Watson.

Danny walked in, played confidently, and not only that- I got along with him! Now in 2010, things have changed, but we have been able to remain friends throughout.

Where do I even start with Danny? Well, lets start with his incredible personality and wit. Anyone can go up to Danny, talk about the white brick wall he's leaning against, and he wouldn't mind. Not only that, but he's more than happy to have a conversation with anyone. He's one of the most personable people I've ever met, with great sense of humor. Oh man, have we had our moments of crying laughing...

Danny is also a great big brother to Nik, his brother who had been diagnosed with a brain tumor around thanksgiving of 2008. I remember going down to Children's and seeing Danny, knowing he spent the night (sometimes many nights) at the hospital supporting Nik. There were days he'd describe where it would be: Hospital, School, Hospital, home to change, Hospital, and then do it all again. I'm speechless at his selflessness.

Danny is also very artistic, musically and visually. Danny is enrolled at Cincinnati State studying Graphic Design, and at one time created an entire website for logansand.com, he also has been given the opportunity to work with Mark Hand over at the Student Union, and his work there is also fantastic. As well, his style is classic and original: jeans, converse, bright colored tees, ties, vests, jackets, TOMS, you name it- he's got it before it's hot.

I am more than proud of Danny, though I don't mention it to him as much as I should. Danny, you are like an older brother to me, and I love you. You have impacted my life in so many ways, and have taught me so much musically, artistically, and have help my personality greatly. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment