Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Meet


It's really really cool to have a support group.

When I first started this idea that maybe I could actually do this for a living and that maybe people would actually like my music, it's hard to book shows, be a One Man Band, and have 3 people show up. That's where all of these guys come in. This is my team, and committed family.

First, I am extremely lucky to have an entire band.

Danny Watson: Electric- man, this guy is really something. I have been playing with him since the first day I met him. Literally. He was put onto my weekend in the Worship Band. The rest is history. We've now been playing together for 2 years now, and I've got to tell you- he has grown from a kid in high school wanting to play some guitar, to a passionate professional musician.

Matt Evans- Acoustic- This was a random, not-expected intersection between him and I. I probably had know Matt for an entire year before he even told me he played guitar. On top of that, he's freaking good.

Chad Gagnon- Bass/Keyboards- If there was a modern Mozart was alive today, it's Chad. Literally a prodigy. He plays bass, electric, keys, drums, and sings. He also is included and wanted in a lot of bands. I'm blessed he likes to spend his energy and time with the LoganSandBand once and awhile.

Mikey Evans- Aux. Percussion- I wish I could have been this good at anything in high school. Not only is Mikey graduating at 16, but he plays percussion, mixes sound, and oversights production at the church like he's 26.

Larry Handley- Drums- I've got to say, I was most nervous about finding the right drummer. After digging into the search, I was in shock to find out that not only is my girlfriends Dad an excellent father and weatherman (Channel 9 WCPO Cincinnati), but an incredible drummer. Though he does not consider himself a drummer (it's more of a hobby), he could be a studio musician easily.


On top of this great band, I have supporters else-where. Hunter Fredrick is my main Public Relations Coordinator. He is on top of things before I can think of them. He is now working on the release party, and all of our "media relationships" with fans, followers, and of course, bloggers. We also have a team of highly skilled communication leaders, who are spreading the word, looking for venues for the future, and are figuring out designs from Posters to T-shirts.


The first meeting was back in November, but everyone seems to be on board. They're all doing a great job so far. I can feel the kinetic energy in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment